My little sister visited me last weekend and she was blown away by how “adult” I’ve become. I suppose in the eyes of a recent college graduate, it can certainly seem that way—and while I’m honored to be described as “so adult now!”, I have to laugh a little.
Because as a
seasoned, wise 25-year-old woman, I would love to think I’m an adult most of the time. Hah, but then there are those moments. The moments that make you shake your h
ead at yourself, want to tweet something that includes #adultingfail, and wonder how much longer you can get away with it.
You know you’re still figuring out #adulting when….
1. You still use the hashtag #adulting. Okay, sorry I just needed to point out the obvious before continuing.
2. You honestly have no idea how you managed to spend that “cushion” money. You know, the hundred dollars that wouldn’t make you hold your breath the few days before rent is due. But in actuality… you do know where that money went (pst… either Target or Sushi).
3. You tell yourself and others that you don’t care about social media. But you secretly do because why else would you take 10 photos before finally settling on one for Instagram.
4. You scavenge Pinterest for advice on how to eat healthy on an extra tight budget. Then you laugh at the “How-To’s” that think $50 for 2 weekly is an “extra tight budget.”
5. You buy a bottle of wine and it never makes it through the night. Honestly though, it didn’t have a chance.
6. Your weekend productivity entirely depends on whether FreeForm is playing its Harry Potter marathon #HarryPotterWeekend
7. You Google search “How to wash clothes that should be dry cleaned.”
8. You call your mom and ask her what you should have for dinner. Because Mom always knows what’s for dinner.
9. Your Netflix “Recently Watched” includes Archer, Bob’s Burgers, and Family Guy. Don’t worry, there’s the South Park series on iTunes if there’s no Internet.
10. You can’t get enough of those ridiculous Snapchat selfie filters. Seriously, all day entertainment and I don’t understand why.
Share your not-so #adulting moments below! Can’t wait to hear them (and hopefully not feel alone with mine haha).
You know you’re still figuring out #adulting when… http://ctt.ec/b7dDH+ @lexbelivin