I hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend! This long weekend really snuck up on me–a coworker mentioned on Thursday that we were about to have three days off and it completely threw me off guard. Jake and I have each been laser-focused on work recently, that we forgot to make any plans whatsoever. It’s been a great weekend laying low, watching college football, going to the park with Ollie, drinking beer with Jake’s brothers, grilling fresh corn-on-the-cob, and talking about what this month has in store. September marks several big changes for our little family, and there’s been a lot of conversation about short-and long term goals. Goals regarding our finances, travel plans, housing, health, and so on.
It’s sparked me to reflect on my blogging goals as well. I haven’t written goals since February, and I don’t know why. Sure, I frequently think about goals, tell myself I want this or that to happen, and strive to achieve it. But I don’t clearly write out goals for my blog like I do for other areas of my life.
That has to change right now. September 30th will be this blog’s one-year anniversary and it’s important to celebrate it with a bang!
I’ve created three quantitative goals to accomplish by Lex Be Livin’s first anniversary. While it’s not about the actual number, these “numerical milestones” represent the dedication, strategy, consistency, and networking that are the true, if perhaps indirect, goals for September.
Additionally, I’ve provided a link-up at the end of this post for all bloggers to feature their own September goals! Please feel free to add your URL and read fellow bloggers’ goals.
#letsbelivin reaches 2,000 Instagram posts.
The hashtag currently has 1,637 posts, which means that 363 more photos must include the hashtag by the end of September. #letsbelivin has had its spurts in the past, so I’m confident that this is indeed possible. It all comes down to spreading awareness in the right niches. I’m excited to reintroduce this Instagram challenge at readers’ requests and continue connecting with bloggers who use #letsbelivin! Learn more about the #letsbelivin Instagram challenge here.
How to make this happen:
- Promote the hashtag on all social media channels
- Announce the Instagram challenge to the Blog Boss Babe community
- Consistently post the Weekly Favorites and engage with the featured Instagramers
- Remind audience of the Monthly Winner incentive
- Start to post the hashtag series I’ve been thinking about for a while
- Invite readers to share the #letsbelivin Instagram challenge (see that Click-To-Tweet below? Wink wink, nudge nudge)
Join the #letsbelivin Instagram challenge to be featured on @lexbelivin as a weekly favorite or monthly winner! http://bit.ly/27UNIMj
Hit 8,000 page views.
That’s total since blog inception… we aren’t quite there yet with monthly page views. This blog has received 6,548 total page views as of now. I realize this isn’t something to write home about, but every month that I have consistently posted garners exciting traffic. There has also been several months where I’m nowhere to be found, so naturally those monthly page views are… embarrassingly low. I’m feeling great about September and I’m determined to reach for the stars! If I can get 1,452 by September 30th, I will be one happy blogger. That’s a daily average of 48.4 page views. When I break it down like that, it feels absolutely possible.
A few ideas to reach this goal include (but certainly not limited to!):
- Participate in link-ups
- Utilize social media to promote older posts
- Take advantage of Pinterest and figure out how to drive traffic with it
- Post 4 to 5 times a week
- Comment, comment, comment on fellow bloggers’ posts
- Read resourceful posts and apply tips to increase blog traffic
Reach 200 followers on Bloglovin’.
Once again, I’m fully aware this isn’t a number to go crazy over. But it is to me, because I feel like the first 200 followers on any platform is the most difficult to attain. My Bloglovin’ following increasing 12% this month because I made a few small changes, and I’m looking forward to continue growing this number and figuring out the secrets to Bloglovin’. Right now I have 154 Bloglovin’ followers, which means I will increase it by 46 by the end of this month. That’s doable, yeah?
What I can do to achieve this:
- Post, promote, and pin how to gain more Bloglovin’ followers
- Continue including the Bloglovin’ button at the bottom of every post
- Cross-promote on social media channels and within blog posts
- Always post Bloglovin’ link in Facebook groups and blog networks whenever there is an designated thread
- Invite you to follow me on Bloglovin’ here
Well, there you have it! If you have any suggestions how I can accomplish these primary three blogging goals, please don’t hesitate to share in the comments!
Remember to add your September goals post below and link back to me!